It’s never been so easy to cross the border cheaply and, above all, in a matter of minutes. That is the magic of Cross Border Xpress. Learn all the details about this bridge and cross the border between Tijuana and San Diego. Get ready for a new adventure in the United States!
What is Cross Border Xpress?
Cross Border Xpress (CBX) is the most convenient way to cross the US-Mexico border. The project is a partnership between Mexico and the United States that Mexican architect Ricardo Legorreta designed.
Cross Border Xpress is a pedestrian bridge located just outside the Tijuana International Airport (TIJ), the busiest border crossing in the world.
Cross the border with CBX
If you’ve ever planned to enter the United States via land, crossing through the San Ysidro vehicular crossing was the only option in the past. In other words, now you can save time, for only 16 dollars, and enter via CBX Tijuana to the United States in 15 minutes!
At 130 meters in length, CBX unites families and stories. The journey begins at Tijuana International Airport and ends at CBX San Diego bridge.
Requirements to use Cross Border Xpress
|AMERICAN||ANY OTHER NATIONALITY|
(Corresponding to the country of origin)
|CBX TICKET||PERMIT I-94
(If you travel more than 40 km from the border
or your stay is longer than 30 days).
If traveling from the United States to Mexico, you must present the following documents.
|CBX TICKET||MULTIPLE MIGRATORY FORM (FMM)|
(INE, Professional ID, or Passport)
|PAYMENT OF IMMIGRATION RIGHTS
(Only if the stay is longer than 7 days)
What is the price of the CBX ticket?
A one-way ticket costs 19 dollars ($388 MXN). Meanwhile, a round-trip ticket is 32 dollars ($653) in low season, while in high season, it changes to 22 dollars and 35, approximately. For this reason, you must take into account the time you are going to travel to the United States.
To know the exact fare of the CBX ticket, do not hesitate to consult the costs and complete your purchase on their official page.
Steps to cross the border via CBX
- Check your bags. Once you have purchased your plane tickets from your preferred airline, you must check your luggage. Above all, remember that you can bring up to 10 kg (22lb) in your carry-on divided into one or two bags. Pack all valuables in your carry-on. Similarly, those for personal use. So, you should take a look at how to pack the ideal bag for your trip.
- Collect your baggage. After your flight has landed at Tijuana International Airport, you must collect your bags. Later, you can prepare to cross the CBX Tijuana towards the United States.
- Document Review. Before crossing Cross Border Xpress, an official will check that your documents are complete.
- Cross the bridge. Finally, when crossing Cross Border Xpress, you must make one last stop for an immigration agent to check everything is in order and authorize your entry into the country.
- Recharge your batteries and continue the journey. The adventure is about to begin! You are close to Huntington Park, Downtown San Diego, Los Angeles, California, and Disneyland Anaheim. If you start feeling thirsty or hungry, it may be time to take a little break and enjoy a refreshing drink or eat a hamburger in one of the restaurants in the CBX terminal. On the other hand, you can also rent cars and find currency exchanges and shuttle services that will take you to your next stop.
Because it is an immigration process, there are certain restrictions to getting your CBX pass. Pay attention to avoid issues.
- People over 60 years of age traveling unaccompanied will not be able to purchase CBX service.
- If you fly from any point in Tijuana to San Diego, you can use your CBX pass up to 24 hours before your flight departure.
- In the baggage claim area is the entrance to the CBX. Once you leave this area, you will be unable to reaccess it.
Cross Border Xpress has made Tijuana the fifth busiest airport in Mexico and the second in the world with the most connections.
So, you, too, become a CBX user and enjoy the benefits:
- You will save transfer time by investing those extra minutes in other activities or exploring another destination.
- If you travel as a family or are a frequent traveler, you can find special packages on the official CBX website.
Tips for crossing into the United States
- Remember to keep your boarding pass
- Every time you use the bridge, it will generate a cost either for a one-way or round trip
- Buy your passes in advance on the official CBX website
- You must have all your documentation in order
- Comply with all instructions you are given
- Go shopping from Tijuana to San Diego!
A favorite activity for tourists when crossing the border is to go shopping at the outlets and exclusive stores in San Diego. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit these stores to buy all the items you need at a reasonable price, thanks to supply and demand.
Crossing via CBX is very simple!
Fly to Tijuana and get your pass
You are just a few steps away from discovering tourist destinations in the United States. Fly to Tijuana to start writing a new adventure. Discover new places and be dazzled by the way to cross into a very distinct country, thanks to Cross Border Xpress.