The beaches of Mexico are the most beautiful in the world. Tourists worldwide travel to different parts of Mexico, searching for sun, sand, and a myriad of waves to enjoy water activities or simply take a break from their day-to-day lives.
You already know about the most beautiful beaches in Mexico where you can jump in and enjoy the crystal-clear water. Next, we’ll tell you the 15 most popular beaches in Mexico and what each offer. Time for a break!
Discover the best beaches in Mexico
- Acapulco. One of the best-known beaches in the Pacific is Acapulco. Attractions such as La Quebrada, Caleta, Caletilla, Puerto Marques, Barra Vieja, and Laguna de Tres Palos are emblematic of the city. Eat a delicious pescado a la talla or a pozole typical of Guerrero and don’t forget to take a ride on the famous banana.
- Cancun. Without a doubt, it is the most beautiful beach in Mexico, featuring white sand and blue waters. Visit Playa Tortugas, Playa Delfines, or Playa Langosta. There are endless water activities here. You absolutely can’t miss the opportunity to visit Isla Mujeres, the main attraction of the beaches in Cancun.
- Chachalacas. If you are looking for one of the most beautiful and affordable beaches in Mexico, Chachalacas is a perfect choice. Located close to the Port of Veracruz, Chachalacas is known for its sand dunes and cheap lodging and food. Spectacular!
- Ciudad del Carmen. Campeche gives Ciudad del Carmen to the world with beautiful beaches that are a delight. You can’t skip Caracol, Manigua, Puerto Real, Punta San Julian, and Playa Norte. You will find some of Mexico’s most beautiful and affordable beaches with an exceptional gastronomic scene.
- Cozumel. Located in the Mexican Caribbean, Cozumel is the place to practice diving in the Palancar Reef since the water is always warm, around 26°-28°. Also, there is an area called El Cielo where you can see a large number of starfish at the bottom of the crystalline sea.
- Huatulco. One of the most visited beach destinations in Mexico is Huatulco, Oaxaca. Here you can do more than just go to the beach. You can also tour coffee plantations next to beautiful waterfalls. Mazunte and the Laguna de Ventanilla complement this paradise. You have to explore the area!
- Los Cabos. Another one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico is located in Baja California Sur. Cabo San Lucas is world-famous for its water activities and nightlife. It’s the ideal place to completely disconnect from the city’s hustle and bustle and spend a romantic honeymoon.
- Mazatlan. It may be the most popular beach in Mexico internationally. It is located in an area that combines modernity, unique port style, and history. El Faro and the Malecon de Mazatlan have no equal. Very few beach towns can live up to Mazatlan.
- Playa Tecolutla. Made up of Santa Maria del Mar and Barra Boca de Lima, whose waters are pleasantly warm since they flow directly into the open sea. The best view of the Gulf of Mexico is from Esto Lagarto, one of the best tourist destinations in Mexico.
- Playa Zicatela. One of the most beautiful beaches in Oaxaca is Zicatela, located in Puerto Escondido. It is most famous for its waves that don’t compare to other beaches. If you want to become a surfing expert, Zicatela is for you.
- Puerto Escondido. And speaking of Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido is another of the most visited tourist destinations in Mexico. In addition to Zicatela, you should explore Carrizalillo, Bacocho, Playa Principal, Puerto Angelito, Zipolite, or Río Grande. It is known for its calm waters and hospitality.
- Puerto Vallarta. Another one of the best-known Pacific beach towns is Puerto Vallarta. Walk along the Malecon and marvel at the view of Bahia de Banderas, considered one of the most beautiful bays in the world. It’s no wonder that it’s the second most visited beach destination behind Cancun.
- Rincon de Guayabitos. Nestled in the Riviera Nayarit, Rincon de Guayabitos may be another of Mexico’s most beautiful and affordable beaches. Tour Islas Coral y del Cangrejo. You cannot leave without buying some Huichol art, stunning decorations, or fine silver jewelry at affordable prices.
- Riviera Maya. This part of the Mexican Caribbean is mainly known for Playa del Carmen and Cancun, although Puerto Morelos, Akumal, and Tulum are located here. The most notable feature is the white sand that runs along the entire coast and a wide range of water activities.
- Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. Finally, one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexico is in Guerrero. We are talking about Zihuatanejo, whose extensive beach called La Ropa is lined with leafy palms. El Palmar beach adjoins Ixtapa, making it one of the country’s largest.
Visit the most beautiful beaches
Here we have highlighted a small sample of what you can find in Mexico. States like Guerrero, Oaxaca, Campeche, Quintana Roo, or Nayarit may be the first to come to mind when packing your bags. But whatever you choose, the most beautiful beaches in Mexico await you. You have to visit them all!